Forsman Farms began in 1918 with Albert Forsman farming 120 acres and selling chicks from his flock. 41 years later, Albert’s son Norman took over the family farm and with 1,300 chickens decided to sell eggs to local vendors and restaurants. While Norman cared for the chickens, his wife Mae gathered and cleaned the eggs every day.
In 1974, their son Gary took over operations of the family farm. Over the next twenty-five years, Gary and his wife Debbie farmed the land, managed the flock of 60,000 chickens and raised three children.
Our fourth generation is now continuing the family farming tradition. We are proud of our connection to strong local history and the land as we continue to produce eggs with the same quality standards that began in 1918.
Forsman Farms starts using ECS® (EggCargoSystem) 2016 in their Sanovo installation.
GI-OVO is proud of having Forsman Farms as ECS® partner.